87 Rosewood Cutlass, 425, 200R4 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stay Tuned….

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2014
So after wanting another G body for many years, I recently purchased a low mileage 87 Rosewood cutlass coupe. The car was located in Maryland, and had been sitting in a garage for 15 years. After along day of driving, a new gas tank, sending unit, carb and some other goodies, i got her up and running, and have been enjoying it!!!!! I purchased a mid 70's cutlass S with a 67 ultra high compression 425 in it, this car, which I may mention is held together with hopes and dreams ran in the 13's the way it is. I want to change the cam, carb, and add new headers to the engine. I purchased a 200R4 transmission out of an 86 442, and while at carlisle I bought an 8.5 rear out of an 87 GN. I feel as if I am off to a good start. I called Mondello, they told me they have a bolt on set of headers in stock, I have heard many god things about CK transmissions, so I am considering them for the transmission build. I found a 307 donor car, for the brackets, pulleys, and things I will need to keep the A/C in the car. I am looking for any kind of suggestions, or advice as far as this build and shot to and not to look out for. I own my own shop, so will be doing all the work myself. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor