88-92 Formula wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

frtend

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2006
Indiana
I really like these wheels and finally found a set. Someone got me thinking and now I have questions! Perfect timing! Anyway, Does anyone remember if these wheels have the different offset front to back like the GTA wheels did?Does anyone know the bolt pattern of these wheels? I had thought they were the same offset and 5 x4 3/4. I am talking about the aluminum,non colored,16X8 wheels found on Formula Firebirds starting 1988. Thanks!

DSM

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
The Formula wheels, like all of the 16" 3rd gen F-body wheels, have different offsets front and rear. They have the standard 5 x 4 3/4 bolt pattern.

Don

frtend

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2006
Indiana
Thanks...appriciate the reply!!

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
I've got a set on my GP. you can use all four if you reverse them and use a 1/4 inch spacer on the front (may need longer studs from NAPA at worst). It looks cool too since the wheels that are supposed to be on the rear look a little shallower (look the lip is smaller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor