88 Cutlass Classic (parts available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Re: 88 Cutlass Classic

hey guys found my engine code is 5577523B but now i need to find what car i should ask for at the parts store when buying engine parts and what VIN engine this is considered. from what i understand this engine is from 77-80

also took off my fenders they are rot free, and in good shape and easy body work, i dont think they had any dents i have pics if anyone is interested 45 for the pair.

also the engine seems to be having an overheating problem, the heater core lines are hot while the upper is cooler with no pressure and doesn't seem to leak so i am going to replace the thermostat, whats the best temp thermostat for an olds V8

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
How much for the console, don't need the arm rest lid or shifter trim?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Re: 88 Cutlass Classic

redsx2434 said:
hey guys found my engine code is 5577523B but now i need to find what car i should ask for at the parts store when buying engine parts and what VIN engine this is considered. from what i understand this engine is from 77-80

also took off my fenders they are rot free, and in good shape and easy body work, i dont think they had any dents i have pics if anyone is interested 45 for the pair.

also the engine seems to be having an overheating problem, the heater core lines are hot while the upper is cooler with no pressure and doesn't seem to leak so i am going to replace the thermostat, whats the best temp thermostat for an olds V8

Just use a basic 78 Cutlass with a 350 for parts. I think it's vin R, but I am not positive.

What temp is the engine going up to? The thermostat temp depends on the climate you mainly drive the car in. I like 180 deg for better economy, don't know if it affects performance much though.

gp355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
bay city
How much do you want for the rad top plate hold down?

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
is that a 200-4r car? I need a 4 speed shifter and plate. I know you want to sell the entire euro (and probably will) but if you decide to split it up .... I'd love to call everything but the bumper cover and header (I got my own and this would save freight)

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
DrRansom442 said:
is that a 200-4r car? I need a 4 speed shifter and plate. I know you want to sell the entire euro (and probably will) but if you decide to split it up .... I'd love to call everything but the bumper cover and header (I got my own and this would save freight)

i dont exactly understand what you meant about the second half but i am keeping the center console, shifter and buckets and plan on cleaning them up for my car

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
OK scratch the shifter

2nd part is an IF you decide to breakup the euro (or if you find someone just needing the header panel and bumper cover) I'd be willing to buy the rest. I have these pieces already in storage but don't have EVERYTHING to put the euro on my 81. Since I wouldn't need the header panel or bumper cover .... it's just extra freight.

chriscutlass

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2010
NEW JERSEY GEMORCLER FOUNDER :)
how much to ship headder panal complet to 07731? thanks-chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor