88 gmc stepside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
I also agree with this. As long as you enjoy it, that's what's important. And the odds are, someone else will be interested in it too. I bought a '95 GMC Suburban in the fall. It's in such nice shape, and I was having so much fun, I took it to a couple cruises. There were a couple guys that were all over it. Super-clean California truck, 2500 4x4 454, what's not to like? :D

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I get what your sayin and i agree. I just wasnt sure if it was fair or not to the other guys who have spent $20000 in a frame off restoration when all i did was change a motor and transmission lol

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
jacobdavis1979 said:
I get what your sayin and i agree. I just wasnt sure if it was fair or not to the other guys who have spent $20000 in a frame off restoration when all i did was change a motor and transmission lol

There is nothing to be FAIR about, the guys who spent $20000.00 to accomplish damn near the same thing, are FOOLS! your driving around in yours and enjoying it, they aren't even driving theirs...........unless the temp, humidity, cloud cover, tree sap, asphalt temperature,barometric pressure, and all other weather related variables are JUST PERFECT for the 7 days a year that they consider it nice enough to get out. I say to those people " too damn much money, and now its a nice oversized, over priced paperweight".

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I agree with you 100% man

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
LOVE THAT TRUCK... i had an 87 chevy stepside years ago with a 454 bored 40 over, 3 lever ratchet shifter, and front line locks... after i maxed out the SEARS card, i felt like a poor boy begging for change except i was begging for used tires... that truck smoked... i didnt build the motor on it so i dont know any of the specs, but even without the front line locks she would sit n bake em till ya backed outta her... loved that damn truck... then i hit a rough patch in life, and sold the truck... been looking for one ever since... thats a badass truck, to hell with what anyone may think, cruise it, drive it, beat the snot outta it, and if anyone gives you any sh*t about what you should of done to it, leave em in a cloud of smoke...

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
who cares what anyone thinks... now all you need is a pair of subs and a remote to put a hater on mute. cowboy up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor