8tray's 83 Regal build thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
its 2am were im at and im finally all done pulling the motor and trans. it was my very own and 1st motor pull. call me a sissy, but when the motor cleared the regal, i was sooo happy! with good aid, we finished pulling the motor and dropped it in the back of my pickem up truck. cant wait to drop the 350 in. got alotta stuff i need done 1st.

still got tons of cleaning to do all around car. from engine bay to underneath car to interior. Any advice on what to use for the bay and underneath car?
Also, i found out good news when pulling my 3.8... it has a th350 behind it. even more exciting. plan on getting that rebuilt.
so anyways, took me forever to start the project cause had to wait till we got our house and that took forever. even though im started already, i wont be finished till sometime. between working 48hrs a week and spending time with the ol girl, i will at a pause evrynow n then. so bare with me fellas..

but heres some pics. i will get better pics in the day time.

Attachments

• IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,026
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,031
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 1,018

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Are you using a 350 Buick or chevy - If it's Chevy you have a bellhousing diference. Good luck w/ the swap.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
lilbowtie said:
Are you using a 350 Buick or chevy - If it's Chevy you have a bellhousing diference. Good luck w/ the swap.

Not necessarily true...... I'm doing the same swap in my 82' Buick and got lucky finding out they threw in a TH-350 with the Dual Bolt Pattern. Not sure if the factory put the TH350 in or the previous owner, but it's in there....

<Mike>

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
i got on here to talk about that very topic.
now Mike, since i will be using the motor from jegs that we talked about in my other thread, i will need the adapter for my trans since a BOP right? assuming i dont have the dual pattern.

and thanks lilbowtie, i will need it

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
8TRAY said:
i got on here to talk about that very topic.
now Mike, since i will be using the motor from jegs that we talked about in my other thread, i will need the adapter for my trans since a BOP right? assuming i dont have the dual pattern.

and thanks lilbowtie, i will need it

Ya you can by an adapter. I can find the part number if you want. "Driven" gave it to me in one of my threads....

How many mounting holes doeas yours have? (Minus the 2 where the line up pins go)

<Mike>

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Bitchin'-Buick said:
lilbowtie said:

Not necessarily true...... I'm doing the same swap in my 82' Buick and got lucky finding out they threw in a TH-350 with the Dual Bolt Pattern. Not sure if the factory put the TH350 in or the previous owner, but it's in there....

<Mike>
Now thats a good thing!!

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
if your talking about from bellhousing to the motor. I counted 9. not sure if I missed any, don't feel like getting my hands dirty before work.

I read your other post Mike, seems we are feeling the same about our new discovery. mine is also an MX2. im guessing the blue connector is for the lock-up??

Attachments

• IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 901
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 904
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 875
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor