8tray's 83 Regal build thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
i hope so. what is the dual pattern identification? it will be great to put that 60 bucks towards something else.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
8TRAY said:
i hope so. what is the dual pattern identification? it will be great to put that 60 bucks towards something else.

In your second Transmission picture, do you see the extra bolt holes on the bell housing not being used?

I Always google things to cross reference what I'm told on line. "How do I ......." "Pictures of a TH350 with dual bolt pattern"... "How do I install........." "What's the best........" Ect..... Ect.... Ect...... You tube comes in handy as well.

Most of the time you get accurate info but doesn't hurt to double check. You never know when you may end up talking to a "Back-yard" mechanic like me that may accidentally mis-inform you :mrgreen:

>>>>>I hope during the course of your swap some of the other guys chime in to help you. I've been working on my cars for 25 years of driving out of necessity. There are alot of guys on this forum that know ALOT more than I do.<<<<<

I'm A First time SWAP NOOB like you.....I'll help where I can....

<Mike>

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
bought some degreaser. ready to clean the bay. maybe finish before work tomorrow

Chopper

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Midland, MI.
It is a lock up trans. There is a picture of a dual bolt transmission and it mentions the lock up too. You can buy performance lock up converters but they are more expensive. The lock up saves you some rpm at cruise. I had an 83 Z-28 with a locking converter that I just wired to a micro switch on my floor shifter. Worked like a charm.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/th350.htm

horners85regal

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2011
Trenton Ontario Canada
looks like my 200 4r bolt pattern. for sure dual ! and the lock up is nice even with 3 spd when crusin. before i changed from my 200c when it locked up the car had a nice rumble. Im getting a 2200 stall and its going to have the lock up feature . i just installed my 350 not too long ago its sooo nice.

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
almost done taking out the ac junk. plan on buying the cover obviously. maybe tomorrow or thursday i will start my cleaning.

heres some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 469
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 456
  • IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 456
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 452
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 441

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
was at the junkyard yesterday and found the passenger side quarter window. going to another yard today to get the driver side. also searching for a fan shroud.
can i use a shroud from any v8 gbody or just a regal and cutlass? cause i seen an el camino at the yard with a v8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor