A 15 year olds 83 cutlass build

Status
Not open for further replies.

my83cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2014
Hi im Dylan. Lets start this story from the beginning. Im 13 years old and my Grandpa had an old friends selling a 1983 cutlass and he would let it go for 500 bucks. Me being around all the cars I am all I wanted was my own car to work on. I cut grass week in and week out finally made enough to buy this
normal_IMG_0505%5B1%5D.JPG
. So now I had my car but I didn't really know what to do when I got it. I was 13 and had no money but every dime I made from cutting grass went straight into that car. nothing big just small things like a set of chevy rally wheel
normal_IMG_0130%5B1%5D.JPG
s , or new grills. When I turned 14 I didn't mess with it to much still washed it and kept up with it but now that I turn 15 in a month the big changes are coming. My neighbor is a mechanic so he has a bunch of stuff sitting around all the time. but one day I noticed he had a complete 350 sitting there air filter down to the pan he sold it to me for 100 bucks and even gave me another block. When I got the motor back to my house I popped off the intake and it was a roller motor which was great news for me, because my dad had a left over 358lift cam and lifter set :D :D :D . Then one day im hanging out at my uncles shop where my dads car is, and my uncles buddy walks in with a buick t-type fender saying he doesn't know what he is gonna do with his front end (he went fiber glass one piece)I told him I would buy it off him he said ill give you the whole front clip and you can pick one of my hoods for $300 so I got a complete rust free almost perfect condition front end and a glass-tech 4inch cowl.
normal_IMG_0691%5B1%5D.JPG
That picture is the latest on the cutlass the bumper should be getting installed soon. oh and the holes in the fender is where the exhaust came out on the original car its a BIG turbo and Im thinking about putting mine through there too :rofl: . Well I feel like this is the start to a great build and a super fun first car!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Seems like you're off to a good start, Dylan.
Welcome to the forum.
Keep up the good work, and keep us updated on your progress..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor