Status
Not open for further replies.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
79MonteCarlo.jpg

My monte story starts 20 years ago...

I had both a '79 Cutlass and a '79 Monte and I needed to sell one. My dad worked for a local advertising paper so he put an ad on the front page for both of them. An 18 year old girl that lived probably 60 miles from me came with her whole family to look at the car on April Fools Day of 1990. I was 19 at the time and thought she was pretty. Anyway, she liked the car so she put down a check for a deposit so I could pay off the remaining $400 or so off that I owed and she came back the next day to pick it up.

I wrote the info down off the check while I had it and a while after she bought the car I found an envelope full of reciepts and such so I mailed them all to her and since stamps were a quarter, I included quarter and a small hand-written note that said "write me back if you want". Well, I guess she wanted because we started a long-distance relationship and eventually started dating and got married 10-20-90 (yes that same year I met her).

I have had those two cars, an 81 Cutlass with a 400 SBC 425 HP, an '86 Gran Prix (didn't keep it long, my head rubbed the ceiling), an '86 442 Cutlass. Then things got tight so I started driving "granny cars" but let my wife keep driving nice cars.

Fast-forward to 10-20-10 and we just got back from Florida after picking up an '83 Hurst Olds with (at the time) 24k original, documented miles (and adding 2400 more during the trip home) and we are now celebrating our 20th Anniversary. My wife won't say it was, but I know the car was my anniversary present and for letting her drive nice cars while I drove the granny cars. I bought the H/O to drive, but it is just so nice that I am still driving my wrecked '94 Lesabre and keeping the H/O in the garage.

Thanks Miss KT, I love you! 8)

Some of our Pics of the car on the way home:

Blue Ridge Parkway:
BlueRidge.jpg

U.S.S. Yorktown
Yorktown.jpg

Some giant alligator as we were leaving Florida
Gator.jpg

great story, congrats on the 20 years and the new car, its a beautiful h/o

Couple things...........Congrats on your 20th anniversary........That's a Beautiful Hurst you have there and I love the photos...My first G-Body was a 1979 Monte..Loved the body lines. Welcome to GBF friend...Also post a pic here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22726

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor