A/c not blowing out of vents!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokedOutCutt said:
It's gettin hot down here in Ga bruh.
yea here in phx to but imma soldier so i tuff it out!.. lol im also tryin to buy another car so i can have one with ac(el camino or malibu 4 door)

SmokedOutCutt said:
It's gettin hot down here in Ga bruh.

Yeah that's why im trying to fix my ac now

The piece of the ac duct that's under the steering column is not connected could that cause the ac to not blow out the dash vents too?

First of all, make sure that the pinkish wire you see isn't a hard plastic tube. If it is, it might have another one right next to it. (this is kind of yellowish on my monte carlo but black on my el camino.) The pink one should go to a source of vacuum, and the yellow/black one would go to the control valve on the heater hose. BTW look for "Emissions Tubing" at autozone it should be the right stuff.

So I still haven't fixed this ac problem but I took some pics of my engine bay to see if someone could help. The pink vacuum line that came from the passenger side firewall plugs into another plastic line and I'm not sure where to connect that to. Also I can feel the air blowing from the ac box when I was working under the hood with the ac on I don't know if that's normal or not.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,419
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 2,447
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,353
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,291
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 2,263
that yellow line i believe is the map sensor line. that line in your first picture with the purpleish/pinkish whatever you want to call it and the white line is the line for the vacuum controls to the heater/ac that you are looking for, follow it towards the engine and make sure its hooked up to the vacuum check valve. if you cant do that another good way to check it is start it up and separate the purpleish/pinkish and the white line and see if there is vacuum there, it doesn't feel like much, if there is, im betting your vacuum switch on the back of your heater/ac controls is junk. i had this same issue and i pulled my controls out and removed that vacuum switch and ran the car i could hear a vacuum leak if it wiggled the vacuum switch around. i took it off and it fell apart.
the switch is located (sitting in the car with the controls facing you) its on the back right side of the controls
sucks that this has gone on 2 years unsolved, as for the air through the box, i feel the same thing on my car not a whole lot but i feel some, i believe its normal (someone correct me if im wrong), i have seen black putty crap put around the area where it comes out on some cars.

ok i got board so i took the pictures a little sooner :lol:
that other line i thought was your map sensor line may be the line that connects to the heater control valve, follow it see where it comes from, if it comes from the map sensor on the pass. side wheel well, thats what it is the map sensor line(i can get you pictures of where that is suppose to go too, if it goes under the heater box its suppose to go to the heater control valve.
the check valve im talking about is
ac part number 1550568
they sell it on rockauto.com its under the section heater&ac control

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,711
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,229
ERIC87442 said:
ok i got board so i took the pictures a little sooner :lol:
that other line i thought was your map sensor line may be the line that connects to the heater control valve, follow it see where it comes from, if it comes from the map sensor on the pass. side wheel well, thats what it is the map sensor line(i can get you pictures of where that is suppose to go too, if it goes under the heater box its suppose to go to the heater control valve.
the check valve im talking about is
ac part number 1550568
they sell it on rockauto.com its under the section heater&ac control
Thanks man. I just ordered the check valve from rock auto, when it gets here I will try it out and let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor