A Good car to start out with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijack

n00b
Mar 4, 2012
Ireland
Im living in ireland, and the road tax is a b*tch, im looking at over 1000 euro for a 2500cc engine, so any good G-bodys that isnt to expensive or hard to find, and wont have a huge engine, thanks!

The smallest engine GBodys left the factory with was the 3.8 v6, the others were mostly Chevy and Olds v8s between 5.0 -5.7 litres.
I don't see a way round your problem unless as in the UK road tax becomes a fixed amount over a certain age. £230 for mine.

Roger.

sit and do a massive search over Craigslist. i found mine on CL with a 3.8L engine, and have seen a few more listed. most of them are in fairly good shape and not that expensive. i paid 3300.00 for mine. all original and in need of very little except some rejuvination of interior and a couple of small surface rust spots. its worth a look atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor