Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I use the permatex ultra copper.
Me too. I have sealed header flanges on turbo builds with nothing other than Permatex Ultra Copper. How this stuff seals 1800-2000 degrees of heat at 40-50psi of pressure is beyond me, but it works.

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
If you can weld a new flange on there I've had a lot of success with stainless steel v-band flanges on exhaust components. Would not use regular steel only stainless steel.
One nut to remove, no gasket or rtv needed, but you do need to put some effort into aligning the pipes really well when you tighten the v-band itself.
I can't see myself ever going back to a bolt on flange now

FiuqF7Q.png

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Permatex Optimum Grey. Good to 700F, very heavy body and looked like new after a year when I removed my headers. It is much more rigid and less noticeable than Ultra Copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor