AC delete panel = battery re location?

Pappy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2017
So does anybody know/think the AC delete panel is substantial enough to hang a car battery off of? I want to get rid of the inner fenders and a lot of other stuff of the front end of the car and was wondering if I could mount the battery on a tray hung on the AC delete panel. Not permanently but until I can get it moved to the trunk.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So does anybody know/think the AC delete panel is substantial enough to hang a car battery off of? I want to get rid of the inner fenders and a lot of other stuff of the front end of the car and was wondering if I could mount the battery on a tray hung on the AC delete panel. Not permanently but until I can get it moved to the trunk.
You'd save yourself a bunch of money and effort if you just waited to delete the fenderwells until you move the battery. Otherwise you're dealing with battery cables of custom lengths, twice, fabricating a battery holder, twice, and dealing with headaches in the interim like the risk of road debris damaging the battery and, if you drive in the rain, corrosion issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I wouldn’t hang it on the delete panel unless the delete panel was built/designed for that. I’m using a piece of 16 gauge as a delete panel in one of our cars, and that’s not strong enough to handle a battery.

Would make more sense to me to put the battery in the trunk, but I don’t what you’re planning……….so take that recommendation with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor