ACC Carpet

sergio

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
I ordered the interior carpet for my 83 Hurst Olds From ACC Carpet #7623 sand grey/ . Has anyone else? It seems a little to dark. Good quality got the backing for it also. ???? Thanks

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I went with a different color on my Monte than I had so I was very happy with it, I didn't have a good experience with the Blazer carpet from them though

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You did get the mass backing? That is a good thing. Prices have about doubled on those carpets over the past several years since I last bought one from them, but they still make good quality carpet for the money. I cannot speak for the sand grey color, but ACC is pretty much your only choice for a decent one. I've heard they improved their fitment from days of old as well. The only gripe I have is they only use the "newer" 85-up smaller heel pad vinyl on the driver side front footwell for all their G-body carpets. 84 and older ones had an "extension" that rode up the side of the hump by the gas pedal.

According to Mike Masino, aka 88hurstolds , who's an 83 Sand Grey interior expert, IMO, it is the most correct color to original sand grey you will find.

Not making excuses for anyone, but note too that carpet and cloth colors can and DO vary from batch to batch. The color dyes are + or - on the amounts of color components that make up each dye color, just like paint, which does change the hue slightly.

Example:
1985 "NOS" Claret seat fabric color sample compared to the original seat fabric. You can see it's ever so slightly different hue, but if doing the entire seat back or seat, it wouldn't be noticeable.

85 Cutlass Claret Interior Fabric Swatch Compare.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You did get the mass backing? That is a good thing. Prices have about doubled on those carpets over the past several years since I last bought one from them, but they still make good quality carpet for the money. I cannot speak for the sand grey color, but ACC is pretty much your only choice for a decent one. I've heard they improved their fitment from days of old as well. The only gripe I have is they only use the "newer" 85-up smaller heel pad vinyl on the driver side front footwell for all their G-body carpets. 84 and older ones had an "extension" that rode up the side of the hump by the gas pedal.

According to Mike Masino, aka 88hurstolds , who's an 83 Sand Grey interior expert, IMO, it is the most correct color to original sand grey you will find.

Not making excuses for anyone, but note too that carpet and cloth colors can and DO vary from batch to batch. The color dyes are + or - on the amounts of color components that make up each dye color, just like paint, which does change the hue slightly.

Example:
1985 "NOS" Claret seat fabric color sample compared to the original seat fabric. You can see it's ever so slightly different hue, but if doing the entire seat back or seat, it wouldn't be noticeable.

View attachment 229923
The batches is partially what I had problems with, I ordered my carpet but they said they didn't make a piece for the back seat that drops down so I ordered some extra base to do it myself. Then after some time I come across a place online selling it, then it turns out it is actually made by ACC just not sold by them!?!?!?!? So I order that and then they don't match and look very different, had a bunch of back and forth for them just to say it is what it is

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The batches is partially what I had problems with, I ordered my carpet but they said they didn't make a piece for the back seat that drops down so I ordered some extra base to do it myself. Then after some time I come across a place online selling it, then it turns out it is actually made by ACC just not sold by them!?!?!?!? So I order that and then they don't match and look very different, had a bunch of back and forth for them just to say it is what it is
Maybe the color difference is related to the missing quadrajet? Blazers need quadrajets too...

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

The heel pad on the ACC Sand Gray carpet is brown which also sucks... but the gray match is dead on with my NOS floor mats.
ACC makes all the carpet out there like PUI makes all the seat covers, when people ask which is the best just say the cheapest vendor... with Gbodyparts being the most expensive option like most of their stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
Have you considered the fade factor? When I still had my '84 Brougham, I got my Dark Sable carpet from Mike's Montes. I don't know who his source is but when I got the carpet in (with some extra padding in the hump area from a local upholstery shop) I saw how much my original mats had faded; not being noticed before this; so I picked up the phone & ordered the carpeted mats. Everything matched up great. Those mats are on my list of for sale items.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The only thing I can add is that I am very pleased with the quality of my ACC carpet. I, too, got the jute backing. Because, well, why not. I went with a different color so matching was not an issue for me.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor