accident disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Might not have been an accident to speek of - could have been a garage door incident or something stupid.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
How much did you spend on the car? It's not like you're buying a mint condition car. You already mentioned that the car has rust, maybe he replaced the driver's door because it was rusting out?

I know you already own it, but have you run a Carfax on it yet?

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
My inlaws bought a car brand new off the lot. Had a little mishap with it about a year later. The mishap exposed some filler in the fender. Went back to the dealer who admited to a small mishap of their own taking it off the transport. Quick trip through their own body shop before setting it out for sale. No disclosure. They did work well with the inlaws on the newer repair tho, maybe a guilt trip??

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
you don't want to know how many cars I had to repair / re-paint due to damages in transit to the dealership. These were new cars with less than a mile or two on them and they had paint and bodywork done. Was not happy about doing the work, and i would be livid if i bought a brand new car and there was bodywork already done to it before it left the lot.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Looks like a great car to me . To most its just a car and a fender bender is nothing .

I actually bought my 442 off dealer in 86 and looked at it in dark warehouse ,bought it, got home its not black LOL

I will say these had bad paint from factory one side if my 442 looks good and other is cracked so bad its not funny .

But if only issue is the gloss of paint . So what . Could have been done 20 years ago . Are tire wearing funny ? Do you have allot of rattles ? Do panels not line up ?

Its a 30 ish year olds car And 99% have been painted I have looked at be it a fender or a whole car

ed209

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2012
wisconsin
so that sucks but fix it that the injoyment of cars .had got my 86 ttop cutlass and was geeked car was clean.then i took on the freeway and heard a thump from the rear and found big frame rot .so feel for you it sucks and i got a frame to swap .fix it and post it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor