AFR 1050 head / header question

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
So I installed a set of the AFR 1050 heads on my wife's car today. All went well till I went to install the headers. Apparently the exhaust ports on the AFR heads is .25in higher than stock, all kinds of clearance issues now. 1980 El Camino, SBC (383ci), What are you folks that have AFR Heads running for headers? Testimonials / recommendations are appreciated, pic if yo9u have them would help too. Thanks all!!!

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I am running the AfR 220 with .25 raise exhaust. I am using the 1 3/4 hooker supercomps. Only issue i had was the steering shaft had to dent header and grind steering shaft bolt a little. Only problem with these headers is one tube wraps around the frame in the wheel so skinnies up front are a must or you cant turn car.

I forgot to mention my heater box is removed which yours looks to be to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor