AFR SBC HEADS???'s

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a pair of AFR SBC ENFORCER HEADS that are new but are 2 different part numbers, one being part number 1001 straight plugs and the other being part number 1006 angle plugs ,will these heads work together on a sbc engine by one being straight plugs and the other being angle plugs?Thanks

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
While they would function, they would likely be inconsistent bank to bank as far as feeding the cylinders. I'm weird & would want a matched set.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Okay, would raise a few eyeballs at the local cruise night but, that allowed for, if all that is different is the angle at which the plug enters the combustion chamber, and the chambers and valve sizes are the same size from cylinder to cylinder, and there are no other variations in the basic design, then I personally don't see the problem in running them. You'd need an engineer to explain the benefits of one design over the other and one of them, I ain't. Not even an unreasonable facsimile.

However, if the combustion chambers did get measured and they did happen to CC out differently, then NO, no match, time to return to the search.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I don't know what you're running for exhaust but there has been header/plug clearance issues associated with angle plug designs..

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The header bit was something that had not commended itself to my attention. You'd almost have to run Zoomies to get some degree of side to side adaptability.

Nick

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Well, just wait until you get to #5 and have to knock the snot out of its back side so the plug doesn't short out. Or just run as a V7, or use shorties and 90s on the wires.

Headman are good headers so might not have issues, but when installing chinesium stuff... Drink heavily!!! And with any luck you don't have to R&R the Driver side set to change plugs.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I did the compare and theoretically the only difference is the plug angle. Theoretically the angle plug changes the shape and formation of the flame.

Basically you will have an imbalance from one side to the other. Summit has them both at same price.. Imho I would exchange one so that you would have two that are same type.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor