AFR 190's

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey_schel

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Stratford, Ontario
Hey guys, I've got a set of AFR's 190 alu. heads for my 400 chev, picked them up in a great deal. I couldnt find too much info on them though, apparently they're AFR's discontinued line. I emailed the company about them and all they basically told me was
.190cc runners
.64cc chambers
.angle plug

Asked for some flow numbers or dyno charts for a motor, but they never responded :? . Does anyone run these heads, or know any more you could tell me about them?

Joe

I'm not familiar with that brand of cylinder head, but you might try a speed shop for the info you're looking for. You could also check out some engine building shops for info. 8) ........................mickey-d :lol:

Been to both sites before, thanks for the smart remarks. There is very little dyno info (several magazine articles) and talk about personal experiences with this head, and afr seemed to brush me off like you did. Does anyone reasonable know anything about these heads from experience?

I've heard that afr (air flow research)'s newer heads like the new 180cc and 210 race heads are getting a TON of good feedback, which is making me wonder why i hear so little about the 190's

AFR 190s is the older style of head they make. AFR brand has been at the cutting edge of technology with their heads, and as a result they are rather pricey.

I have a set of their newer style (2005 I believe is when they were released) 195 Eliminator heads. AFRs are generally regarded as the best of the best. They may flow a handful of cfm less than a very few other similar runner sized (cc) heads but their combustion chamber design beats everyone hands down.

Their older version 190s are still very good heads that you can get at a relitive bargain price. They just arent as competitive as the newer eliminator line.

Example, Im looking at making ~510 horse, 600 torque on my 400 with 9.78:1 comp, lun 60104 cam, air gap, 750 dp, with my 195 eliminators. Its all about the heads my friends.

My 195 elims are measured on a 4.060 bore whereas I have a 4.125 bore so I should be looking at another 5-10cfm arround the graph. The flow numbers are impressive, but they arent all the unique features of the eliminators or AFR brand in general.

195ccSH.gif

Looking right arround 6200, torque at arround 4300.

IIRC im looking at over 400tq at 2000

I didn't ask anyone to tell me how to search google. I've been to AFR's website before, heck, maybe you didnt read that i also emailed them. I was asking "Hey, any of you guys run these heads, how do you like em?" and i get snide remarks. This g-body forum is turning into the j-body forum lately lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor