aftermaket shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
which shifter has everyone ran with the 200r4. does it bolt right up or alot of mods. you have to do

I'm going to be using the b&m megashifter for my 700r4, same thing. Easy mods not hard to hook up or anything.

ok cool thanks.

I am in the process of installing a B&M QuickSilver,
I was going to do a B&M MegaShifter, or the TCI Streetfighter, but decided on the QuickSilver as I have used it before and liked it.

I found that it didn't sit right just on it's own on the floor. So I used the old shifter, and cut the bracket off. I used the bracket as a mounting plate for the shifter to correctly align the holes.

Then I used some bolts and spacers to fine-tune the height.

Because I am using my center-consoul, I wanted everything to be perfect. If you are simply bolting it to the floor, it should be much much easier.

I will try to post some pics,

I have a Hurst V-Matic. It wasn't to hard to put if i remember its been a while since we put it in. Looks like a 4 speed with the stock consol. ( it gets alot of looks)

i want to use my console to. its going in a ss monte carlo so i want it to fit in the factory place without cuting my console all up

i have the megashifter and i love it, no console though

Attachments

• Corvette Research 1.JPG
    Corvette Research 1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Corvette Research 2.JPG
    Corvette Research 2.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor