Air box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I plan to remove my air box soon. I'd like to reseal it and also replace the rubber flapper/ door.
Is there an actual rubber gasket between the air box and firewall? The reason I ask is because I saw a guy on Ebay selling a rubber air box gasket, used.
I did plan on using 3M strip caulk to reseal the flange.

Im pretty sure there was some sort of gasket there. On the ones ive taken out it i think gm sealed them with a gasket and a little bit of rtv material. Could be wrong of course. Im sure you could seal it up real good with gasket maker or caulk, water wouldnt really force its way in there as long as there is a good seal

84dragcutlass said:
Im pretty sure there was some sort of gasket there. On the ones ive taken out it i think gm sealed them with a gasket and a little bit of rtv material. Could be wrong of course. Im sure you could seal it up real good with gasket maker or caulk, water wouldnt really force its way in there as long as there is a good seal
Thanks Josh,
It looks like there was a gasket between there. I suppose I could wait until I disassemble it to see if it's reusable or not.
If not, I'll seek out a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor