air ride questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Hello , my Monte is parked for now . The trans wont go into third gear . Well imma have a 4speed put in and have the engine rebuilt . But I was also thinking air ride system would be nice . I like bagged out trucks allot and some cars. Especially Gbodies of course .

I was wondering what all I would need to build a air ride system . I've seen them for my car before as a kit but damn they are really expensive . I'm wondering if I can buy parts lil by lil and piece it together . But I haven't been able to find a parts list anywhere . Can anyone here help me with that ?

bbarbulo

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2014
Windsor ON
can't do much cheaper than http://www.ezairride.com/78-88-Monte-Ca ... p_199.html unless you score used parts from forums or craigslist.

front brackets are $120, rear brackets are $120. Dominator 2600 front 2500 rear is what I'd use, or 2500 on all four corners, that's $400 plus air management (2x compressors ($300+) and 7 gal tank ($100+), plus $50 per valve (need 8 = $400), plus air line & fittings, wiring, relays, water traps, and silencers, plus a switch/controller setup... that's why I say the ezairride setup is a good price - I dunno about quality.

as for what you need:

compressors (Viair or make an engine driven compressor)
bags (Dominator 2500 at least)
bag brackets
shock relocators (front)
air tank (pref. aluminum)
valves (ASCO, SMC, etc...)
gauges
air line (DOT approved)
fittings & sealant (not the crappy fittings, get Parker or Swagelok or SMC)
air line dryer/water trap
filters/silencers as necessary
relays & fuses & wiring (40A ea compressor usually)
pressure switch (remember to switch ground, not power)
switches/controller to fire the valves for fill/dump
...ummm what else am I forgetting...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor