Airflow thru vents

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
Hey guys hoping someone can help me out with this one. I posted this a few years ago and got no response so I focused on some other things for awhile and now I’m back to it. Problem is that the airflow thru the vents is not very much even on the high fan speed setting. Passenger side has even less air flow than the driver side. All duct work seems to be fine is there anything else I should check?

Have a look at the following post, assuming your blower motor is working fine (electrically) at all the speeds through the resistors, and the high blower relay, then you should go through the vacuum and air flow troubleshooting steps to determine what might be wrong.

Note, there's also the possibility that you have a lot of build up dirt on the the heater core, and/or evaporator core that is hindering air flow from blower motor from getting to the inside HVAC box. Also, you could have a lot of air leaking from dried out or missing foam seals around the plastic ductwork behind the dash. I have this issue on mine with the AC on, I can reach my hand behind the radio pod and feel a lot of air leaking that should be coming out the dash vents. I have to get that old foam sealing replaced one of these days.

Credit to Ribbedroof for posting the service manual pages to help troubleshoot.

Reactions: 1 user
Have a look at the following post, assuming your blower motor is working fine (electrically) at all the speeds through the resistors, and the high blower relay, then you should go through the vacuum and air flow troubleshooting steps to determine what might be wrong.

Note, there's also the possibility that you have a lot of build up dirt on the the heater core, and/or evaporator core that is hindering air flow from blower motor from getting to the inside HVAC box. Also, you could have a lot of air leaking from dried out or missing foam seals around the plastic ductwork behind the dash. I have this issue on mine with the AC on, I can reach my hand behind the radio pod and feel a lot of air leaking that should be coming out the dash vents. I have to get that old foam sealing replaced one of these days.

Credit to Ribbedroof for posting the service manual pages to help troubleshoot.

Thanks for that info looks like I should probably get ready to pull the dash out and really take a good look at the foam seals. Been trying to avoid pulling it out until I was ready to replace it, but because of funds I have been putting it off. May just pull it out and do one of those dash caps for now!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor