All Wheel Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
powerhungry oxymoron said:
I don't have to find a Syclone or Typhoon. All of the awd s-10 based vehicles use the same transfer case and front diff. The Astro also uses the same ones. I have seen plenty of awd Astros at my local pull-a-part. I really need to go out and start seriously looking at the frame differences. I've tried to research it but I can't find much info on how the awd is built.

Pretty much, Sy/ty AWD parts are easy enough to find, same transfer case as AWD Astros.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i think an awd monte or malibu would be awsome! it would prolly help the handling as well.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
powerhungry oxymoron said:
I've already done my research on the differences between the Bravada,S-10, Blazer, and Astro. There were some S-10s and Blazers that came as awd but only in the LT model. Even in the 4x4 the transfer case and front differential is the same on most models. They all used the same borg warner transfer case with a 3.23 open front diff. The drive shafts are even the same. The astro's front suspension is the same as a B-body. I was really trying to find out if someone had actually tried it or at least spent some time thinking about it and might know what kind of problems I might face if I attempt it.
My mistake, I thought you wanted to mount the body on an AWD chassis. Would be a big undertaking though. Good luck if you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor