Aluminum Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
cuttyguy5389 said:
I've heard of certain year Cutlass's having aluminum hoods. Has anyone ever seen one, and what years were they installed?

Primarily it was the diesel cars to help offset some of the additional weight of the motor.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
They also had aluminum core supports! And I hear they weigh next to nothing. Man would I love to run into a diesel car at the junkyard.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Cutlassjim said:
They also had aluminum core supports! And I hear they weigh next to nothing. Man would I love to run into a diesel car at the junkyard.
No kidding, except for every GBody I've ever seen at a junkyard the front clip was smashed in. But that would be a cool find!

Dec 6, 2006
Palm Bay, Florida
I think it was 1979. My old 79 Grand Prix had an aluminum radiator support. And my 79 Cutlass had an aluminum hood

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
aluminum hoods come on 78-80 cutlass and 81-88 cutlass and you also need the hood hinges from the car with the aluminum hood they are different. i had a 78-80 hood and i know where to get a other one, and a have a hood from a 82 cutlass that will be going on my 84 hurst olds when i get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor