Am I sick? Looking for another G project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I know I have waaaaaaaay too many projects but for me it's the build and thrill of the hunt. I can say without a doubt, I absolutely love old automobiles. I've always built my cars from well used junkers and wouldn't have it any other way. As I have gotten older, I find myself wanting more original styled cars. With that said, I'm not looking to get this certain vehicle soon. It will likely be awhile. I plan on building a clone of my first car. A 1979 Buick Regal two door Limited. It was dark brown met. with a tan vinyl half top and tan pillow back crushed velour interior. It had a 307 and the chrome 14" Buick ralley wheels. This would have been about 1988. I had it about a year and it ended up with dents, broken windshield, and reverse gone out of trans. I got backed into in the high school parking lot. Got hit in the right front fender. My dad traded it in at a used car lot for a silver 1981 Buick Regal with a 231 V6. It was a dog compared to the 307 with a Q Jet. I knew where the car was into the late 90's or early 2000. I drove to that town I had last seen it in about 10 years ago. It is about 1.5 hours away. It used to sit at a mechanics shop with weeds grown up around it and several other cars. The shop was closed down and everything was gone and cleaned up. I drove the town for several hours looking but never found it. So I plan on building a clone of that car sometime in my future. I have been hoarding a few parts for a 78-80 Regal just for this build. A few build ideas for this particular build will be the HO 305 from my 88 Monte SS parts car. I'm a sbc guy so this is an obvious plan. Also would probably not use the 305 for anything else. I would have the upholstery redone in tan velour but not crushed velour. I'd like a 78-80 turbo hood just because I like the bulged hood better. Instead of a tan vinyl half top, I'd do the unique two tone paint design some 78-80 Regals had. I'd respray the dark brown but use a tanish/champagne pearl as the two tone color. I'd do more pearly modern base/clear paints but get the colors close to original shades. I have a very nice set of the Buick 14" rallys stashed in my attic just for this build. Here is a link to google images of the two tone paint design https://www.google.com/search?hl=en.....0.0.0....0.d9zM-qljhUE#imgrc=QxidAlRW7oZlyM:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think for me the only things that stop me from buying more Gbody's is lack of room to store them and the time to work on them otherwise I would probably have a fleet.
I like your idea of the two tone paint instead of a vinyl, I have never liked them.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Someone say two-tone.

IMG_4108.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I said two tone.

hpqscan0001.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
To your question the answer is yes you must be sick..terminally ill. .g bodyalitis.. no cure you must live with it and enjoy the rest of your restoring days.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor