Another newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Hi guys

Just joined. I've been hanging around another pontiac forum for awhile but have been looking for a g-body oriented site. Looks like I found it!

My g-body is an 87 pontiac gp coupe. It has 305-4v, auto trans w/overdrive. Being the last year for the rwd it has some strange options. No power windows. locks, or seats, but has the wide brougham lower mouldings, cruise/tilt, delay wipers, am/fm casette, 55/45 seats, a/c, ralleye II's, sport mirrors, no tach or gauges, just idiot lights and a clock in the dash. Being a North Carolina car there is no rear defroster, but it has tinted glass and a padded vinyl top. It shows 79,000 miles and has the original radiator hoses, and all original paint on a rust free southern body. It has it's share of a few door dings here and there but overall is a super clean, unmolested example. I recently got a copy of the original window sticker from PHS and some other info. All the above options are documented from PHS. At first I thought maybe some were add-ons, but the info from PHS confirms it came like this.

Anyway looking forward to being a part of the forum.

BTW, this isn't my first g-body. I had an 84 regal for a short time. Bought it hit on the right side. Changed the r/s door, new 1/4 and just got it on the road when it was stolen from in front of my house. Didn't even get a chance to paint it! That was about 14 years ago. Had a 79 gp before that, well actually was my wife's. That got blasted one night parked on the street. We found it the next morning puhed up on the sidewalk. So now my 87 stays locked inside unless I'm actually driving it.

welcome to the site..... that sucks about ur 79, bet the 87 looks great

welcomesign.gif
to the site. Sucks to hear about stolen and smashed G-Bodies. And I'm with u, unless I'm driving it it's locked up in my Garage. Too bad going to the store involves leaving it unattended. Sounds like a nice GP u have. I haven't looked yet but, did u post pics in the Photo Album? BTW, I've always been a sucker for the GPs large drivers side dash, kinda looks like a jet pod full of instruments, but with style.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I just added a few pics to the photo album. I really should take a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor