Any body do ccc obd1 tuning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I have one of Bitflipper's modified ZZ4 chips and if works great. GM used to make a performance chip that was part of the old emission legal ZZ4 350 swap kit for F bodies, often called the ZZ4 chip. Bitflipper burns modified clones of that chip where he reenables the EGR and BARO sensor. The original GM ZZ4 disabled the EGR and BARO sensor. The ZZ4 chip also features more aggressive timing and fuel curves over the standard GM PROM chips such as LG4 and even the L69 chips.

The old CCC friendly 2030 cam from Crane had 110 LSA.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hey do you guys know if Bitflipper just punted lean burn like most people or is it still there?

Since I've lost touch with Kevin in Toronto, if I ever need to make tweaks, I do need a new eprom burner too.

But, my whole thing with even doing the CCC on my big block was to get fuel efficiency AND over 400HP. It's a wonderful thing . . . (y)

Actually, just sux not even being able to make your next potty stop before you have to fill up again like you do the old school way.

I suspect I will eventually have EFI on top though too.

Bitflipper

n00b
Jun 25, 2018
Hey do you guys know if Bitflipper just punted lean burn like most people or is it still there?

I figured I'd join the forum over here as there seems to be a growing interest in what I have done and I want to cut off the guessing at the pass. I do not know what punting lean burn is. Below is what I offered up to the Monte Carlo SS community. I have several chips left from this effort I started 2+ years ago.

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1033971

I have a number of customized ZZ4 EPROMs for sale. These EPROMs can only be used in ECM model number 1228079 - if you have an '87 or '88 Monte Carlo SS with the stock computer then this is the ECM that you have. Earlier model years require you to swap out your ECM for a 1228079. I am NOT selling any ECMs as they are readily available on ebay and from other members.

Note that the EPROMs I am selling are modified from the stock ZZ4 parameters in the following ways:

- The spark advance that is added when an ALDL diagnostic cable/scanner is plugged in is deleted in these EPROMs. That means your car will behave the same way regardless of whether or not you have a scanner plugged in.

- The Air Diverter is programmed to use RPM in the stock ZZ4 parameters whereas the L69 chip uses the VSS. I put the Air Diverter control back to using VSS in these EPROMs as I find that the car drives better this way when coasting downhill in low gear. This change makes no difference if the Air Diverter is deleted as there is no feedback from or trouble code related to the Air Diverter.

- The ZZ4 parameters delete the Baro sensor. Since the Monte Carlo SS has a Baro sensor, I re-enabled it for what it's worth.

- The stock ZZ4 deletes the EGR functionality entirely. I re-enabled the EGR functionality in these EPROMs. This means that you can still run your EGR if you so choose, but if it is deleted, the vacuum line for the EGR MUST be blocked off or a nasty vacuum leak will ensue. Note that the EGR trouble code 53 remains DELETED in these EPROMs, only the potential functionality of the EGR is re-enabled. Said a different way, regardless of the state of the EGR, the SES light will never come up with code 53, not after 20 minutes of highway driving, not ever.

Please note - any mention of deleted emissions equipment above is not a recommendation. In fact, it may be illegal to delete these parts in your state/province.

Price for one EPROM is $65 USD shipped in the US ($70 to Canada). If you want an EPROM with one or more of the customizations listed above changed back to the ZZ4 defaults then the price for one personalized EPROM is $85 shipped in the US ($90 to Canada). If you want anything else personalized (eg. other trouble codes deleted) then you can write me to inquire as to whether it can be done and at what price.

I do not know how long I will be able to offer these EPROMs for sale as there are only a limited number of EPROMs of this vintage readily available, and demands on my time may change. For the time being, if you want one of these EPROMs, PM me and I will send you my PayPal address.

Reactions: 1 users

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I figured I'd join the forum over here as there seems to be a growing interest in what I have done and I want to cut off the guessing at the pass. I do not know what punting lean burn is. Below is what I offered up to the Monte Carlo SS community. I have several chips left from this effort I started 2+ years ago.

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1033971

I have a number of customized ZZ4 EPROMs for sale. These EPROMs can only be used in ECM model number 1228079 - if you have an '87 or '88 Monte Carlo SS with the stock computer then this is the ECM that you have. Earlier model years require you to swap out your ECM for a 1228079. I am NOT selling any ECMs as they are readily available on ebay and from other members.

Note that the EPROMs I am selling are modified from the stock ZZ4 parameters in the following ways:

- The spark advance that is added when an ALDL diagnostic cable/scanner is plugged in is deleted in these EPROMs. That means your car will behave the same way regardless of whether or not you have a scanner plugged in.

- The Air Diverter is programmed to use RPM in the stock ZZ4 parameters whereas the L69 chip uses the VSS. I put the Air Diverter control back to using VSS in these EPROMs as I find that the car drives better this way when coasting downhill in low gear. This change makes no difference if the Air Diverter is deleted as there is no feedback from or trouble code related to the Air Diverter.

- The ZZ4 parameters delete the Baro sensor. Since the Monte Carlo SS has a Baro sensor, I re-enabled it for what it's worth.

- The stock ZZ4 deletes the EGR functionality entirely. I re-enabled the EGR functionality in these EPROMs. This means that you can still run your EGR if you so choose, but if it is deleted, the vacuum line for the EGR MUST be blocked off or a nasty vacuum leak will ensue. Note that the EGR trouble code 53 remains DELETED in these EPROMs, only the potential functionality of the EGR is re-enabled. Said a different way, regardless of the state of the EGR, the SES light will never come up with code 53, not after 20 minutes of highway driving, not ever.

Please note - any mention of deleted emissions equipment above is not a recommendation. In fact, it may be illegal to delete these parts in your state/province.

Price for one EPROM is $65 USD shipped in the US ($70 to Canada). If you want an EPROM with one or more of the customizations listed above changed back to the ZZ4 defaults then the price for one personalized EPROM is $85 shipped in the US ($90 to Canada). If you want anything else personalized (eg. other trouble codes deleted) then you can write me to inquire as to whether it can be done and at what price.

I do not know how long I will be able to offer these EPROMs for sale as there are only a limited number of EPROMs of this vintage readily available, and demands on my time may change. For the time being, if you want one of these EPROMs, PM me and I will send you my PayPal address.

Nice. As soon as the rain stops I'll get my pcm pn
And if it's correct I'll order the chip

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor