Any Vets here Post your Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
I'm a vet as well, 67-70 Army, I was headed to nam when my orders got change last minute and went to Germany in stead. I to need to dig out some pics, would be a fun sit down to look back, who ever thought of this idea THANK YOU,, and to all the other vets past and present THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND SERVICE, I think it means more to vets than it does to cilvians, cause only we know what we have gone thur and felt and lost GOD BLESS US ALL

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
For you guys who are in the service I’ll pass what an old crusty NCO told me one time. “There are only 2 good assignments, the one you left and the one you are going to”.

A couple of things that might be of interest; only 9% of the country’s’ population has served (is is currently serving) in the military. Less than 1% stayed long enough (or were severely injured enough) to draw a military retirement.

For the Vietnam (and era) vets like me who remember who we were treated here something you might like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2L3skZ7FEw

For everyone who has or is serving THANKYOU.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, I`m not a vet, nor have I even been close to enlisting in the military. Just not my thing. While I don`t always agree with some of the military actions taken over the years, be they Canadian or American, I have ALWAYS considered the guys and girls in uniform with the utmost respect. You guys don`t decide where to go or what to do but you ALWAYS stand between me and whatever mayhem is out there.

Your sacrifices allow us to live the life we do. Thank you for service is all I can say and it`s still not enough.

deanlemans81

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Bonnewagon said:
Not mine, but, PRICELESS!!!

US Army Rules:

1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
3. Curse bitterly.
4. Curse bitterly.
5. Do not listen to 2nd LTs; it can get you killed.
6. Curse bitterly.

I can definitely relate to this one.

I'm Active Army, currently serving at Fort Hood, Texas. However, I am presently on assignment to Fort Bragg, North Carolina this summer. I joined the organization in January of 2009. So far I've only had one deployment to Iraq.

Here's a deployment pic from 2011

246719_633783526076_6594641_n.jpg

Here's a pic from tonight

Attachments

• MyCollage952.png
    MyCollage952.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 452

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Thanks everyone for your service. I am not a vet but I do thank a vet everytime I get a chance. I will be out in public and if I see someone in uniform I will take the time to go up to them and shake their hand and thank them. So thanks again everyone.

I like sitting down with my wifes father. We dont see them much as they live in PA. But he was a helicopter machine gunner in vietnam. I love hearing his stories.

hereiam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
I never spent any time in the army or armed forces. Like most I have or had friends that did. For those of you that did
please COPY AND PASTE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96DJD62J0M this into youtube and listen. It was written and sang by my brother and is for you. Please keep in mind that he did this in his basement and has not been enhanced.
I would appreciate hearing back what you think of it. Just realized you dont have to copy and paste, just click on it.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I'd like to thank all my great uncles and any service men who are serving now and then. My great uncle faught in Normandy with a Canadian armored recon. The only story he ever told me was about his armoured car engaging a Tiger tank and his shells bouning and then running the hell away.

"Remembering through music: "A Pittance of Time"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8u7FwcyX0

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
OK I found some Polaroids to scan. Sorry they are so big. First is cleaning weapons in the latrine at Ft. Knox, 1972. I'm the smiler with the M-16. Next is me the E-2 and my room mate buddy in Ft. Jackson, ,'73. I ****ed my leg up playing handball against a guy from Brooklyn. Then is Germany, '74-'75 as a Spec-5 . I'm not the one flipping the bird. Then the HHC command track followed by me and the ammo in a Duece-and-a-half at Hohenfells. Then a sqaud track set up for bussiness. Not shown are about a million German beers that met their fate that year.
Armypics-1_zps21a3db7e.jpg
Armypics_0004_zps8be22f86.png
Armypics_0003_zpse8e7c674.png
Armypics_0006_NEW_zps00292298.jpg
Armypics_0007_zpsdc9979d8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor