Any1 have an LT! in the gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

blown78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2009
And if so what are you using for a fuel pump? Minr is bone stock and i plan to do a cam, head, intake, throttle body swap, in the future and would like a ful pump that will work now as well as when i do deside to upgrade. Also what transmission are you guys running. I have a 1996 impala ss im taking the engine transmission and wiring from. The car is just going to be a daily driver. May make a few passes down the strip. Any help would be awesome. Thanks Oh yeah the car is a station wagon and will be using the stock tank

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I' got a file in my system where a guy had extremely detailed putting one in a '87 monte... if I was reading it correctly, he already had the electric pump in the tank and swithced to a walbro 340 pump....

you might be able to do a holley high flow electric pump, but you'll still have to run a return line to the tank...

chadtn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2008
I just gone done swapping an LT1 in to my 78 Buick Regal and drove it around the parking lot yesterday. I hooked up an NOS inline pump that I bought used for $40 shipped. A friend of mine is using the exact same pump on a 383 LT1 Chevelle with nitrous that has run deep in the 10's in the quarter mile.

I used the metal line that went to the charcoal can as a return line. I ended up having to drop the tank because the vapor line had a cap with a little pin hole that I had to drill out.

My Regal came from the factory with a TH350 transmission, but it had a Buick bellhousing on it. I ended up buying a TH350 from an 82 Regal for $50 that bolted right up to the LT1 and even has a lock up converter.

Chad

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
If all Gbody tanks physically interchange you should be able to use a later TBI (Monte Carlo?) tank but replace the TBI pump, which is only good for about 15psi, with a LT1 pump. Since you drive a wagon I'm not sure if that is an option. I have done a couple LT1 swaps in '60s cars and have used inline pumps and have modified tanks. I prefer putting the pump in-tank. It's quieter and the pumps are actually cheaper.
67_engine.jpg

009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor