your fav/ best/ craziest gbody shuffle

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
OKay, more interesting information to work through. Any suggestions as to who offers a frame mounted sway bar or anti-roll bar kit?

As for the upper control arm frame mounts, I doubled them with heavy steel washers a while back because the factory ears were both flimsy and original.

Nick
Spohn, UMI, Hellwig, a Blazer or F Body bar should fit the bill. F Body bar needs modified whereas the Blazer does not, and the aftermarket units are basically just beefier versions of it.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Spohn, UMI, Hellwig, a Blazer or F Body bar should fit the bill. F Body bar needs modified whereas the Blazer does not, and the aftermarket units are basically just beefier versions of it.
So Blazer as in the more door semi station wagon version of the S-10/S-15 P/U's? Cause I do happen to have put one of them into my S-10 and it was pretty much a bolt in.

Nick

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
So Blazer as in the more door semi station wagon version of the S-10/S-15 P/U's? Cause I do happen to have put one of them into my S-10 and it was pretty much a bolt in.

Nick
Well, the 98-05 version of that Blazer. I don't know about the OBS. There's a whole thing about 2 door vs 4 door because of the gas tank location and right now I can't remember which was preferred but if it's 23 mm and looks like this then you're in business.

IMG_20240524_223449301.jpg

And here's a pic of it sandwiched between a 22 mm Spohn Pro Touring bar and a factory 28 mm bar from a Trailblazer. You can see the Spohn and Blazer bars are very similar in shape and size and that you can't stuff a sway bar from a full-size truck under there. I'm 90% certain that one of the "big name" bars has an exact copy of the Blazer bar shape.

IMG_20240524_224954944.jpg

Here's a link I think you'll enjoy: https://gbodyforum.com/threads/blazer-rear-sway-bar.75437/

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Well, you were right about that link and the info that it contained. Funny thing here is that the rear sway bar in my S-10 came out of an S-10 that was being scrapped and the arms to the sway bar face to the rear. The end links and their mounting brackets even lined up with existing holes in the frame!. Often wondered if that bar had been a transplant into the donor truck but never did discover a provenance for it; just another dead hulk being harvested for its parts before being consigned to the crusher pile. I'll have to have a chat with JR over at the yard tomorrow to see what he might have on the shelf.

Thanks.

Nick

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
OKay, more interesting information to work through. Any suggestions as to who offers a frame mounted sway bar or anti-roll bar kit?

As for the upper control arm frame mounts, I doubled them with heavy steel washers a while back because the factory ears were both flimsy and original.

Nick
CPP makes a bar for a G-body that is heavier/stiffer than anything stock. It's not JY cheap, but it's not real expensive either - less than $250 IIRC. It works.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor