Are bumper fillers interchangeable between years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Front or rear?

The rears from '81-'87 are all the same.

I would guess the fronts are too, but I'm not positive.
There may be some difference with the '81-'83 nose and the '84-'87 nose that I don't know about.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
i know the grilles are different on the 81-83 cars and 84-87 cars... the buick emblem on 81-83 are a seperate piece, where the 84-87 are integrated to the grille... I think this does make a difference on the inner sides of the fillers.. I could be incorrect though, as I haven't tried to see if a later donor would work.

if you find out first, let us know!

mbartell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
the 81-83 are different than the 84-87. It's the little corners on the bottom of the grill that is the difference. On 81-83 there is a little fiberglass piece with some chrome trim that is bolted to the bottom of the grill on each side. 84-87 goes all the way to the grill. You could cut the end off of the 84-87 panel to make it fit the 81-83, or take the little pieces off, but it may not look right. Earlier fillers on later headers will leave a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor