Are there any Australians in the G Body Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichanna1

n00b
Jun 12, 2012
Don't see any other G Body Cutlass' getting around Australia, would like to find a few more besides mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 656
wow, you really from Australia? I hear the car culture in Australia is similiar as here.

That is unusual, of all the American cars in Australia the G-body is one I've never really seen in magazines/movies. I'd like to see if there is anyone else out there myself. I have seen a lot of tri-five Chevy's, 59-60 Chevy's, and 60's Ford Falcons, as well as late 70's Trans Ams.

erichanna1 said:
Don't see any other G Body Cutlass' getting around Australia, would like to find a few more besides mine.

I've always been interested in Australian car culture ever since I caught a glimpse of the beginning of "Mad Max" on TV when I was younger. Some of the cars were familiar (like the Ford tow truck), whereas others like the Ford Falcon police cars and the bad guy's Holden got me thinking "what the heck are those?".

My daughter lives in Australia ans she says the cars over there are awesome but they are strict with modifications you can do.

The Holden needs to come to America. A Holden Ute SS with G8 hood would be unbelievable

The UTE is the El Camino version. It was rumored that Pontiac was to bring it to the states before its demise. From youtube videos its basically the G8 truck that was rumored minus the G8 hood. Of course this could mean the chevy el camino is coming back or if you prefer a rebadged Holden Ute (if im even spelling it correctly)

kustomkyle said:
That is unusual, of all the American cars in Australia the G-body is one I've never really seen in magazines/movies. I'd like to see if there is anyone else out there myself. I have seen a lot of tri-five Chevy's, 59-60 Chevy's, and 60's Ford Falcons, as well as late 70's Trans Ams.

erichanna1 said:

I've always been interested in Australian car culture ever since I caught a glimpse of the beginning of "Mad Max" on TV when I was younger. Some of the cars were familiar (like the Ford tow truck), whereas others like the Ford Falcon police cars and the bad guy's Holden got me thinking "what the heck are those?".

I actually live in Broken Hill @ 20 kilometres from where MadMax was made. A lot of people have the same old Chevy's and Mustang's and Vettes over here, all very nice but all the same.

Good morning Guys; I just had to chime in since my name is Holden. Do Power Tour this coming summer, usually one or more ute's show up. And I've seen a couple of other right hand drive cars in the mix. The Janesville Gazette has a hatch back Cutlass in the classified section if anyone is interested (it's a v-6 m3?). I was going to comment before on Mr Pontiacgp's three stooges cartoon, priceless. I believe everyone here is afflicted with this (car NUT) disorder, I could play Larry since my hair is similar. Every time I see it I laugh, thank you. Anyway check out my for sale post, 79 Malibu 9C1 page 2 and you will understand why I'm pro Australian, my first foreign car. And I won best foreign car at the local car show. I guess that all the 1993 and up F car owners checked another box on the entry form, maybe many don't even now that their cars are foreign! As of today we plan to attend the last day of Power Tour, meeting the group as they cross into Wisconsin. Hammer down Bob Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor