are these the clamshell mounts i need for a sbc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
jrm81bu said:
Read the app guide and suggested parts on the summit ad. They do replace the rubber style mounts. Completely eliminating any rubber mount.

If you are suggesting that the two all metal mounts will work, you may be correct. That unfortunately doesn't answer the original question, which was about stock-type mounts for a street car. The two different mounts in the original post don't work together. I did not read that the OP wanted all-solid motor mounts.

Aug 20, 2006
get the motor brackets from the junk yards .or any chevy powered cars from 75 newer .x-bodys ,or g-bodys when i put a 350 chevy in my cutlass in the 90s you could still get them from chevy.i used ones from a x-body .novas on mine

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
joe_padavano said:
jrm81bu said:
Read the app guide and suggested parts on the summit ad. They do replace the rubber style mounts. Completely eliminating any rubber mount.

If you are suggesting that the two all metal mounts will work, you may be correct. That unfortunately doesn't answer the original question, which was about stock-type mounts for a street car. The two different mounts in the original post don't work together. I did not read that the OP wanted all-solid motor mounts.

Right, which is what i said in my first post. :lol: I didn't mean to imply that i was recommending solid mounts for a street car. Anyhow, to the op use the frame mounts in your second link and go to a junkyard and get the block sides and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor