Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Well guys life is looking up for me I'm offially an autozone employee as of today.
Now I know some of you may be thinking autozone is crap...
BUT I've been working at this shitty *ss gas station for a year and a half making sh*t pay and never seen a raise
I've been told I was getting a raise several times never seen it I've had my hours cut dramatically I've been put on sh*t schedules I do all the work around here and I've never my boss say the words good job
I feel that I'm a great employee around here and none of it ever gets recognized
Now that that rant is over with
I've been wanting to do something car related for the longest time just to get my foot in the door of the automotive world
Well finally my wish has come true
Life is good

Just wanted to put that out there lol

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
congrats from an employee at the competition! :mrgreen:

you have some mechanical experience, which means you have more going for you than probably half of your co-workers (doesn't matter which company you work for, it's all the same), so you should do well!

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Thanks man I'm assuming the competition in advance auto lol I applied there too so I'm not bias
But I know having some experience will help me out half the guys in there wouldn't know a torque wrench if I smacked them upside the head with it so this should go well
On the other hand there is an older guy that works in there with a cutlass exactly like mine same color and all but he has a 455 in his so that should make a least one co-worker I can relate to

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
20%! I thought that was pretty awsome seeing as how I've speant 700 bucks there in the past 6 months lol
I'll be using the he'll out of the employee discount I hope there's no limit

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Congrats! I've been trying to get back in to the parts gig. I worked for Advance and got screwed in pay, but that was my DM's fault. I have apps in for all the big ones. In less than 3 years my customer history had over 13k in it.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Wow we both got jobs on the same day! Good to see someone who actually works on cars get hired there for a change.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
New job! thats great!

don't be like the guy I saw yesterday, grabbed a blinker flasher off the shelf and he asked 'what car is this going on'. I said an '86 cutlass supreme. He said what engine size I say 307, he says what liter size I say 5.0 but doesn't matter its a flasher. Then he proceeded to look up in his parts numbers to see if the blinker flasher I picked out would work. I said finally, let me check this out so I can get out of here, at least he let me check out

upandaway84

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2011
Michigan
supkylesup said:
20%! I thought that was pretty awsome seeing as how I've speant 700 bucks there in the past 6 months lol
I'll be using the he'll out of the employee discount I hope there's no limit
20% is a great deal. I doubt there would be any type of limit on the usage. Should save you a lot in the long run.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
Glad to hear ya got a new job. i actually applied there not so long ago and after having a B.S. interview they said we'll call ya and let you know if you got the job. got the call... they wouldnt start me at full time and the pay was 8.50 and hour for under 22.5 hours a week no OT, benefits or anything not for over a year. i said thank you but, i'll hold out for something better. thankfully i did decline because my friends helping me get a decent full time job at petro oil co. so i may be employed again!... i digress... its always nice to hear someone get a break and move up in the world. -Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor