B&M Shifter Mounting Problems

Ryann62700

n00b
Mar 13, 2024
Hello,

1985 Monte Carlo SS

Been working on cars most of my life with a little bit of autobody as a hobby. Bought a new B&M Shifter because my shifter linkage was broken and I figured I would just put it in while I have the car apart. The problem I'm having is figuring out how to mount the shifter. The back shifter mounting brackets fit the B&M but the fronts don't. And what would be the best way to make sure the shifter will fit with the console. Is there anyone who sells adapter plates for the front mount of the shifter or is this something I have to fabricate?

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Depending on the console, the B&M shifter my not fit. My Quicksilver shifter does not fit the '67 Camaro console. I would have to fab something for it to work and still make it look factory. The chances of an adapter plate is slim. You will probably have to drill some new holes for your shifter at the very least.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor