B&m shifter with stock GM cable. Will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoutlaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
Chicopee, MA
So Im getting a used B&M Zgate shifter for $25 today. It doesnt have any of the trans brackets or the cable. I know I need to get the GM bracket kit ($21 on summit). My question is do I need to spend $40 on a B&M cable or is there something cheaper I can use? My car is column shift right now. Ill swap the colum when I get more money. But for now I just want the B&M in. Iv already searched this site so I got a pretty good idea of how to do everything else. I just need to know about the cable. Thanks for any help.

fryer1979

Apprentice
Oct 10, 2007
The Sticks, Ca.
Unless you can find a used cable that is in good condition, you are pretty much stuck with the B&M cable. You should be able to get a kit that has the bracket and cable together from Summit, cant remember the part number and don't have a cataloge handy, sorry. It is always worth a walk down local swap meets if you have them where you are too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor