Back at the track for the 1st time in 10 years...good and bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
In the bracket world it has been slowly being adapted to change the slower car having the first chance to redlight to worst redlight. It used to be the advantage of the faster car that if the slower car redlit the race was over. NOW what they are doing at some tracks, and most of the high dollar races is the first car leaves on a green light (even if he technically redlit). If the faster car leaves and goes green, the slower car tree then goes red. IF the faster car redlights by more than the slower car, the bulb in the faster car lane will go red and he will be out. I guess it makes it more fair to everyone, but it was a benefit of being the quicker car. Just like being the slower car gave you the benefit of leaving first on the tree and not having to watch your opponent go by the tree in the background. But I guess with crossover delay boxes, this distraction was taken away from the faster cars. By the way, I was a bracket racer for 30 years spending the last 20 top bulb racing in Super eliminator.
Thanks so much for that info! I’ve definitely been out of it for awhile (not that I was ever a BIG time racer) as I didn’t know they were doing that. I DID see my light go green when I left, so I was a bit curious about that - now I know! I was still thinking “first is worst.”

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Thanks so much for that info! I’ve definitely been out of it for awhile (not that I was ever a BIG time racer) as I didn’t know they were doing that. I DID see my light go green when I left, so I was a bit curious about that - now I know! I was still thinking “first is worst.”
Glad I could pass on my wealth of useless knowledge to someone else!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor