MONTE CARLO Back on Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2018
I swear that I had a login to this site many years ago, maybe it was purged?? Anyway the 1984 Monte SS has just been sitting tucked away for about 7 years. We've never had a real smooth relationship, and while doing an engine swap it seemed that every time I went to do something, it went wrong so at some point I just said F-it and walked away for 7 years. Even at that I'm not going to do the work, sending it to the guy I bought the engine from to finish. It's going to be a 355 with somewhere between 400-425hp, I have a 2004r, built up ready to go in and a 8.5 rear with 3.90 gears.

My parents bought the car new in Dec. 1983 when I was 12, and I learned to drive in that car. I've owned it since 1993

Reactions: 2 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome back ,
A great story and you're not the only one who's car fights them.......so where are the pictures ?

Reactions: 1 user

mr84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2018
More to the story. In 2005 the car was in a bit of a garage fire, This was at a time when I was planning to sell the car, but instead of taking the insurance money and running, I had the whole car repainted, which ended up costing more than double of what I was quoted. This is when I learned striping and lettering are two different things. I had the bright idea to paint "all the striping", in the end that little feature cost me somewhere between $1500-$2000. When it got to $12k and the car still wasn't painted, I was stuck. From talking to another painter I knew, he said that no one will want to finish what someone else started without redoing everything, so I was stuck in a bad situation. Anyway not many people have seen this car. Since 2004 I've put about 1000 miles on it, and less than 500 since the respray in 2006.

3-13-06 014.jpg

Small3.jpg

Monte small.JPG

Monte small2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
sharp looking car !!!!!!!

And yes the lessons our cars teach us are rarely cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor