bad inspection sticker at cruise in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I'm looking forward to going to my local cruise next weekend with the cutlass,only thing's stopping me is that i have a 5 month old inspection sticker in my window and open headers with a little pipe coming off it. Since its a cruise, should i have to worry about the cops looking at my window when driving by? I know for a fact there will be some show cars there without a hoods on the car and a couple drag cars probably with open headers too, but would this sticker land me a big fine if i show up?

i wouldnt worry about it...

my cutlass does sound like a nascar with no exhaust on it and that 3000 stall dont help it much either,I'll have to see if i can get off work for next week for it and hopefully cruise without being issued a citation. :roll:

lol as long as you dont get on it too much... i remember how loud open headers are very well :twisted:

Depends on the Cop.............If you think about it, all of our G-Body Cars are probably illegal in one way or another.I can tell you I am a Police Officer and I wouldn't bust your stones for driving a rod..........That being said.....Don't do anything stupid like drive recklessly or drunk--Cuz those will get your *ss locked up, no matter how nice your ride is.....A inspection sticker ticket is not much green and not a moving violation, so who really cares 🙂

Im from PA .. If tis a cruise and there r cars with out hoods like said can't see the issue as in PA no hoods r a fine . Id just say it was trailered there.

Other than pipe issue they usually just give you X # of day to get sticker .

Where I live cops are great with muscle cars and street rods--just be respectful of others around you (and respect the power of your car) and police officers/state troopers in my experience won't bust your balls about anything . . . many officers around here also have cars they like to take to the shows.

I got stopped at a road-side vehicle inspection point while I was breaking in a new engine (had temporary exhaust welded up--no cats). I told the officer up front that I had no cats (usually a huge fine!) and he said okay, don't bother going through the checkpoint, and gave me a non-moving violation ticket for "obstructed view" a let me go on my way.

Another time I just got my car back on the road after a few years, and the inspection sticker was 4 years passed due . . . an officer who stopped me just gave me a small ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor