Batwing oil pan and fbody pacesetter headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
FYI
The batwing pan that comes stock on 97-04 corvettes does not mate on the driver side with Pacestter longtube headers for fbody camaro trans am.
The kick out of the pan hits the number 2 cylinder exhaust pipe.
Can be fixed by cutting of almost all of the kickout and welding it shut. If you can weld aluminum that is!

I dont believe there are any other fixes other than perhaps rerouroting the number 2 header primary which would probably just create further clearance issues elsewhere.

This thread is only for info, for those of us that start out with a corvette ls1 engine for our swap. I myself searched high and low and couldnt find any that had tried this setup of fbody longtubes and stock oil pan.

Save yourself the time and get an oil pan without the kickouts, or use the excellent stock manifolds that fit. They flow really well and come in stainless steel the first 2 years before they were sacked for costs issues and were made in uglier heavier cast iron from then on.

Again. This is not auestions or a discussion. Just a bit of help for that guy who might find himself in the same situation i am in.
Below is a picture of the batwing pan and fbody pan
Thanks
Tim

Attachments

• IMG_6277.JPG
    IMG_6277.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor