bbc el camino needs stout front springs - what would work?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
thanks 78delta88 for pointing that out. I was going to order some MOOG 5664 springs but they seem to be obsolete, cannot find an online vendor.
Reach out to Eaton Detroit Spring. They can probably help you....

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
5610 would be for the heaviest Gbody option (diesel with ac), I believe I have the 5600 (SBC with ac) in my Monte with an aluminum headed BBC it still dropped the ride height but rides and handles well also being an aftermarket block etc it's heavier than stock

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
When I had a Pontiac 400 in my 1981 Malibu wagon, I used 1977 Trans Am springs. I have no idea what the part number was. When they first went in the nose was pointingto the sky. I slowly cut off a 1/4 coil at a time until I had the ride height I wanted. I had to cut the 1/4 coil sections 3 times for 3 /4 coil total. A little means a LOT! I ended up sitting about 3" above stock height, with a VERY stiff ride. Exactly what I wanted. I pulled the coil spring up into the spring tower and used a cut-off wheel to remove the 1/4 coils. The overall installed height on an F-body is about 1" taller than our G- bodies. Think of a coil spring as a torsion bar.The shorter it gets, the stiffer the action.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor