BBC OR SBC IN G BODY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Block brackets are the problem hard to find for a g body and very expensive. The 366 is a tall block I believe, Also they look the same externaly.

Bolts in using Small block brackets. A 366 is useless anyways, so don't even bother.

Small block all the way for a street car.SB Chevy is 200lbs lighter,Car will handle better with lighter motor in front. SB Chevy way cheaper to build. If you like to Rev a motor SB Chevy better for high revving.If you build a stroker SB Chevy with the right parts you could have the torque of a BB Chevy and the HP of BB Chevy> A lot of 383,427,434,454+ stroker SB Chevrolets in the 600+ HP and Torque range and still got a smaller motor that is 200lbs lighter. If you have a very tight engine compartment a SB chevy will easily fit and easier to access parts when working on it. Some engine bays are way to tight and almost impossible to work on with a BBChevy with headers. It is Easy to find factory parts for a SB Chevy. The BB Chevy is getting harder and harder to find Factory parts.I'm sure there is more points why a SB Chevy is better for a street car but I can't think of right now. NOw for a all out Race car, that is a total different breed of cat. More cubes the better but then you are also spending a hell of a lot more money to get that BB Chevy even bigger and getting it to rev like a SB Chevy. There is a reason NHRA Prostock uses 500CI BB not smallblocks. Like I said before that is all out racing but for street it is real hard to beat a smallblock fo many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor