EL CAMINO Bending E-Brake for Dixie Speaker Kick Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK_Camino

Apprentice
May 25, 2021
Houston
So I ordered a set of kick panels from Dixie Restoration designed to house 5 1/4" speakers for my '86 Camino. They note in the description the e brake may have to be bent but... WOW! with the speaker grill attached, for the pedal and arm to clear, we are talking about a really significant bend.

I grabbed the biggest wrench I could find and starting bending, but didn't have a ton of luck. I'm thinking about cutting a section of the E-brake arm to weaken it, then bending more.

Anyone installed these before? anyone bent the *&%^ out of their E-brake before successfully? Any Advice?

These are awful design, they are way deeper than they need to be which contributes to this problem. Only a slight bend might be necessary if they didn't put such a wide gap between the speaker opening and where it mounts to the car. Modern speaker magnets are not that big/deep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor