Bessy got her paint on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2010
A brief history and a reassambly thread.
Bought this car 2 years ago. I got it because it was sooo boring. It was a grandmothers car. 45K orig miles. Probably never went over 45 in it's life. I'm the second owner. I bought it so my girlfriend, who had a DUI, could drive to work in something under the radar. The car was baby sh*t brown. All orig. well she drove it and got her license back. Then the car sat in my yard for a year. I'd look at it and know it deserved better. Well we're on the way.
I've replaced the batt. AC comp, shocks, sway bar ends belts etc. Then I bought 1980 Z28 wheels. 215 /70 front, 235/60 rear. Looks and drives much better. It used to sag and drive like a bowl of jello. you could get seasick going down the road,this thing swayed so much.
The car had no rot at all, but lots of parking lot dings and ugly brown faded paint. So body work and paint. She came home from thepaint shop today and reassembly begins.

The painter forgot to get the box of parts from the trunk to paint. He shot them today and I can get them on monday. they include the four corners and rubber pieces.the panel between the roof and trunk and the bezels that hold the marker lights on.

Now pics;
Her she is
CIMG0770.jpg

CIMG0771.jpg

THE PARTS FROM THE DISHWASHER
CIMG0767.jpg

FRONT WHEEL JUST GOT PAINT
CIMG0769.jpg

NEXT WHEEL TO PAINT
CIMG0768.jpg

I BLACKED OUT THE TRIM. MUCH OF THE CHROME WAS PITTED OR PEELING
CIMG0773.jpg

CIMG0774.jpg

BUMPER CAN'T GO ON UNTIL I HAVE THE CORNER PIECES
CIMG0775.jpg

CIMG0776.jpg

CIMG0780.jpg

CIMG0781.jpg

CIMG0783.jpg

CIMG0784.jpg

WHEELS LOOK REAL GOOD
CIMG0779.jpg

THE "OLDSMOBILE" BELONGS ON THE GRILL,I HAVN'T DECIDED WHETHER TO POWDERCOAT CHROME,PAINT BLACK OR JUST LEAVE OFF. I AM THINKING ABOUT LEAVING THE B PILLAR TRIM CHROME. THAT AND THE PIECE THAT THE WIPERS REST ON WILL BE THE ONLY SHINY ON THE CAR. I SEE NOW THAT I WILL HAVE TO DYE THE ROOF BLACK. I'M ALSO THINKING ABOUT A " STARSKY AND HUTCH TYPE STRIPE IN FLAT BLACK OR SS TYPE STRIPES FROM THE GRILLS OVER.AGAIN FLAT BLACK. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
CIMG0778.jpg

CIMG0782.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!

rydeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2010
carmangary said:
Is that a '79? I'm guessing from the diamond seat stiching.
YES and the interior is very good. I resurected some of the deteriorated parts and will have pics soon.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
love the color

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Nice looking cutty.I love the color. How much did the paint job cost ya??

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
nice color. good choice man

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor