Bill of Sale No Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
Even with the title from the state you reside in you still dont actually own the vehicle, the state does.Unless you have the MCO or MSO in hand the state has ultimate ownership.You do however have color of claim on associated rights(exclusive use). :( Every state differs of course concerning bills of sale, in Tennessee you dont have to do more than show up @ your cty. clerk's office and get a officer to verify the vin.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
here in connecticut, one thing that actually works out in some peoples benifit with the dmv, if you buy a car that is 25 years or older you can register it with a bill of sale and i believe they even give a you fresh title in your name, not sure on that though. but i do belive the bill of sale must be from the most recent registered owner.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
In pa no title no nothing . Its a parts car at best . Unless you go to other state . Get titled . Then switch over to a pa title .

I did a 69 Camaro while back was a body only . Took almost 2 months to get the title back .

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Here in New Hampshire, after a car is 15 years old you don't need a title. Just a bill of sale and either a cop or an inspection station verifies the VIN. DONE! :mrgreen:

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
86Limited said:
Phoenyx said:
Wow, up here a bill of sale is all you need.

So your saying just having a bill of sale in hand and you can register a vehicle with plates and all? No title in hand?

Yup, I have bought, insured, and registered quite a few vehicles with nothing more than a hand written bill of sale. Guess we're lucky here. Worst problem is getting an 'out of province' safety inspection. They cost $100-$150, but that's it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
A bit off topic, but this is a good time to remind people that putting a location in your profile is important for this sort of question. So please, at least put a state or province in your profile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor