Black Grand Prix interiors...what years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokeman118

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2007
Just wondering what years you could get a black interior for a Grand Prix? The most common color I see is gray, but also maroons, and the nasty browns. Are they hard to find or what?

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a sorta greyish green that I find to actually be a very nice color in my opinion. But the black is indeed very nice. I've only ever seen one GP with black interior, and his was dyed. The GA had it though. You can at least use the black GA dash and go from there...

My greenish interior.:
Picture290.jpg

This photo on my computer was under '80 Grand Am. totally bad *ss.:
80gaad02.jpg

cokeman118

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2007
I like the brushed aluminum look on the dash vs. the wood grain...pretty cool. When I do actually get my Grand Prix I was thinking a black interior would look pretty sweet, maybe black with tan. I also like the silver gauges from '78 and I think those would look pretty cool as well with a black interior. A long time ago there was a guy who commented on the '86 GP I had and said he had one also and wanted to know if I needed parts. I went to check it out because he said it was an '87. It turned out it was a '78 and it was the first time I saw one with the silver gauges. Didn't care for them too much, but now I kind of like them :D

As far as the Grand Am interior, that is probably next to impossible to find!

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
The Grand am interior is the same as the GP, except it didn't have the GP lower door panels with the stainless trim. The dash had the stainless but I'm thinking the GP SJ had that too. Otherwise, all common parts. The front was unique, and it offered a four door version.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I always thought it'd be really clean to have that whole black/silver dash and doors, then get the black and grey seats from the Buick GN. There's one at this junkyard sorta thing by me that had the seats in it, that's why I thought about that. I honestly have no idea why that GN s there come to think of it. lol. I'll host a pic later of the black dash with the woodgrain still there. Looked clean too.

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
cokeman118 said:
Just wondering what years you could get a black interior for a Grand Prix? The most common color I see is gray, but also maroons, and the nasty browns. Are they hard to find or what?

Hey now, I totally disagree about the brown! It's not the prettiest sight to behold, but it's not all that nasty! lol

carinside1.jpg

Wow, averagewhiteboy, that Grand Prix's black interior looks sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor