Black Out lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone know if someone out there is making black out headlight and tail light lenses for malibu's?

I don't know if they would work as far as dimensions, but I have headlight covers for my 83 cutlass that I'm not going to use. You might be able to modify them to work on your 'bu by shortening the length of them, but i'm not sure about the height.

There are pics of the covers and "mounting brackets" in the 2nd page of my photo album.

3XBrownCutty said:
I don't know if they would work as far as dimensions, but I have headlight covers for my 83 cutlass that I'm not going to use.

They'll only work on the Malibus if they have an '82+ header panel. The older 6054-headlights are a different size.

You could get some smoked plexiglass/lexan and cut it to the shape you need for the front, then come up with some sort of mounting system (velcro would be the cheapest, but it may look a little cheesy with the covers off).

For the taillights I'm thinking about buying a set of taillights with broken lenses and undertaking an LED-lit project, while attempting to carry the original lines of the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor