"blacked out" cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.
same problems on my regal, advice? I started pulling it off and it looks like sh*t cause not all of it comes off. Its looking like Im gunna have to pull all of my interior to get it out.

^ Yep ... that's what I've been told is that you have to remove interior pieces to get the trim off and the some of it is even bonded to the car.

Sooooo .... as much as I'm wanting to have this done, it may have to wait until I get the car repainted and it goes to the booth and gets stripped.

what about stripping the chrome ON the car?(without taking it off)

Will require a LOT of taping .. and honestly I'm not sure how nice it will turn out that way. But I may give it a shot ... if it turns out 80% that will be about as good as anything else on the car at the moment until I can get it repainted professionally.

If you want to see how yours will look, go buy a bunch of rolls of electrical tape and start taping over the chrome.

Yeah, it looks like crap up close but stand back 50ft and snap a few pictures and it will at least give you an idea before you start spending the time and money for paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor