Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You don't need to be driving pedal to the metal to enjoy the great scenery these roads have to offer. I wonder how many "so called" high performance drivers have lost control on these roads thinking they're Mario Andretti.
It still would be a pleasure driving there with a cool sportscar.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Ed.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
You don't need to be driving pedal to the metal to enjoy the great scenery these roads have to offer. I wonder how many "so called" high performance drivers have lost control on these roads thinking they're Mario Andretti.
It still would be a pleasure driving there with a cool sportscar.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Ed.
Agreed. I had zero intentions of being 'that guy' & possibly ruining another persons day (as well as mine).

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think a lot of the deaths/wrecks on the dragon are from drivers looking around at the scenery and steep drop offs rather than at the road.

I could almost understand being distracted while enjoying the scenery. However, you've got to be attentive while navigating the twists and turns. That's where driving a high performance vehicle can get you into trouble in a hurry.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ed,
I finally got to watch your video. It was very well done and well narrated, as usual....even having peaceful music playing in the background to create the mood. It was most enjoyable. It shows me how much we need to see in our lifetime before we're no longer able to.
Thanks again for sharing that with us. (y):cool:

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor