Body Bushing Torque Spec. Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks guys! I'll order the kit from Kirban. Thanks for the link Longroof! All my bolts are the same Dia. I know two were a little shorter, but they are all 10MM X 1.5. so I am not sure about the 12's. I'll order the kit.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
SafariWagon said:
Thanks guys! I'll order the kit from Kirban. Thanks for the link Longroof! All my bolts are the same Dia. I know two were a little shorter, but they are all 10MM X 1.5. so I am not sure about the 12's. I'll order the kit.
==========================================================================================================
You're more than welcome, man. Glad I could be of help. Mine were also all the same diameter, only the lengths were different.
I was very patient removing my body bolts, and if possible, try to spray some PB Blaster, Kroll, or any good industrial strength penetrating oil in there. I did encounter several that were on the verge of snapping. They tend to become thin from rust.
I guess i got lucky.
I loosened them gradually by hand using a breaker bar. I later installed them using an impact wrench and torquing them.
I also used anti-seize or grease on the threads in case I ever want to go back and do a body-off restoration. Not likely at this point.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor