Body on frame, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
Well after being a lazy POS for 4 years and letting my intrests wander I finally finished up the frame and got it and the body together again.

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

I also wire brushed %90 of the rust and put this spray paint that converts light surface rust to a black primer and then went crazy with spray on undercoating/sound deadener.

DSCN1200.jpg

I stopped right under the lip.

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what's next to do. My core support has been in a friends basement for 3+ years after sandblasting and painting so I guess I need to go pick that and some other misc pieces up.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Can't say I'm a big fan of your speaker box on the roof but the frame and underside look pretty good. Kinda sounds like me, though. Get started and then wander off to something else for a while. Just think, all Winter to get it running again and then the fun part, DRIVING.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
Gee never thought the stereo would get so much attention. It's just a free tape/record/radio that I found on the side of the street and the speakers are out of a friends car that I had kicking around. Gotta have tunes when at the garage for 8 hours doing motor swaps.

Sad thing is it sounds pretty good. :roll:

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Hey, at least u know we looked at the pic instead of skipping over it. I love to see pics of others Montes/G-Bodies. That's how I get some ideas or get the imagination going. Keep them coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor